Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Bannier <bb...@apache.org> on 2018/03/12 09:56:26 UTC

Release checksum file distribution change

Hi,

this is a heads-up that future Mesos release checksum files will be SHA512,
e.g., `mesos-1.6.0.tar.gz.sha512`. The previously used MD5 checksum files will
not be used anymore for future releases.

Please update any dependent tooling you have on your side accordingly.

Best,

Benjamin

Re: Release checksum file distribution change

Posted by Benjamin Bannier <be...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Harold,

and thanks for chiming in.

> Would it be prudent to provide both for a while before completely removing it?

That would definitely be a possibility, but I am not aware of reasons it would be required, yet. Like I wrote, this only affects future releases and we will continue to serve existing MD5 fingerprints for previous releases. For future release OTOH we will only use SHA512 fingerprints. There should  still be time to update tooling until the next (patch) release.

Posted by Harold Dost <ha...@gmail.com>.

Harold Dost | @hdost