Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/02 05:29:32 UTC

Re: Moving towards releasing any23-0.8.0

Hi,
I saw Lev updated ANY23-137, so you guys are still doing work on the
Sesame-2.7.0 code is that correct?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM, Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to wait until Sesame-2.7.0 comes out before integrating
> Lev's patches, as it would be nice to be able to use the new
> ParserConfig/ParserSetting work that I put into 2.7.0 to make it
> easier to configure the large number of options for Lev's RDFa Parser.
> The main blockers for Sesame-2.7.0, getting SPARQL-1.1 and Turtle up
> to date, have been completed, but I am not sure what the stability
> timescale will be for the RepositoryConnection/Sail transaction
> changes.

I also updated ANY23-134 which would be excellent if we could get it
in to the forthcoming 0.8 release... subject to review.

After this the only blocker is

>>>      ANY23-140 Revise Any23 tests to remove fetching of web content

I will put work into this tomorrow when I can as it is really annoying me now.
Thank you
Lewis

Re: Moving towards releasing any23-0.8.0

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

Sesame-2.7.0-beta3 will be released, as far as I can tell. Most of the
major goals (SPARQL-1.1 and Turtle updates) were achieved in
2.7.0-beta2, but there were still comments on the new transaction
handling mechanisms and some outstanding issues, so we will likely be
going through another beta, and if there are still comments there may
be a release candidate after that. The next cycle should be shorter
than the cycle from beta1 to beta2 which was mostly due to the
christmas/new year period.

Cheers,

Peter