Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by tim fulcher <fu...@drink.bt.co.uk> on 2001/06/21 16:14:05 UTC

problems running Net::LDAP under mod_perl

Hi

Got some odd behaviour with Net::LDAP which I've been using pretty
solidly for some time now.
When I run a simple script from the command line it binds to the LDAP
server and does a search just fine. When I run the same script under
Apache Registry, or the guts of the script inside a perl handler I get
the following error on the LDAP bind()

mesg code: 1
mesg error:  I/O Error Resource temporarily unavailable

And the search runs but only ever resolves to the root object in the
directory. It doesn't matter if I bind anoymously or as the root user.
The LDAP server is running on another machine to the Apache server.

I figure this might have something to do with a different perl
environment running under apache but comparing perl -V on the command
line with a dump of myconfig & @INC running under Apache only gives a
different @INC:

using perl -V:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005

dump of @INC under Apache
/usr/local/apache/lib/perl
/usr/local/apache/lib/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
.
/usr/local/apache/
/usr/local/apache/lib/perl