Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Per Norrman <pe...@telia.com> on 2003/02/07 12:56:13 UTC

DatePicker localization

Hi,

the DatePicker is nice. However, has anyone done
any work to localize it? Apart from the obvious
difference in day and month names, some locales
start the week on another day than Sunday.

If there is no work done and an interest, I can give it
a try, otherwise I just do quick port to swedish
rules.

/pmn

DatePicker localization

Posted by Per Norrman <pe...@telia.com>.
Hi again,

I just started looking in to this. The DatePicker calendar is
a funny one; not even a hint of the concept of leap year!

While am at it, anyone against making the calender conform
solely to the French Revolution Calendar (12 months, each month with
three 10 day weeks, plus 5 or 6 leap days (could be made holidays!)).
I wonder what locale that should be: rv_FR perhaps?

/pmn

RE: DatePicker localization

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Yes, that's exactly what I'd like to see!

Don't have a solution for testing JavaScript.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

Posted by Per Norrman <pe...@telia.com>.