Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Norbet Reilly <nr...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 09:21:31 UTC

ApacheDS build broken

I have been building the head for a while, but after a "maven
multiproject:clean" my "maven multiproject:install" now breaks with
following error:

build:end:

build:start:

multiproject:install-callback:
    [echo] Running jar:install for ApacheDS Main
jar:jar:
javaapp:prereq:

java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to
d:\src\reference\apacheds\apacheds\trunk\main/target/cla
                                                sses

java:jar-resources:

test:prepare-filesystem:

test:test-resources:

test:compile:
    [javac] Compiling 9 source files to
D:\src\reference\apacheds\apacheds\trunk
                                \main\target\test-classes
D:\src\reference\apacheds\apacheds\trunk\main\src\test\org\apache\ldap\server\jn

di\ServerContextFactoryTest.java:33: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class AbstractAdminTestCase
location: package server
import org.apache.ldap.server.AbstractAdminTestCase;
                              ^

I gather either ServerContextFactoryTest.java or
AbstractAdminTestCase.java have moved between core and main, but I'm
afraid I don't know enough about maven to know how to fix the problem.

Thanks

Re: ApacheDS build broken

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Sh*t. This my fault. I moved some classes from Java srource directory to
test directory, but it seems to have impacts on other classes due to
maven configuration. As it was building without problem at home, I bet
that my Maven repo masked the issue.

I gonna check this and fix it real soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Emmanuel

Re: ApacheDS build broken (2)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>Ok, I just have to deploy the ApacheDS core jar subproject in order to
>fix the problem. I'll do it tonite (CEST)

Ok if you moved the file back I can update the jars in the repository.

>Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Np mistakes happen.

>On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 17:21 +1000, Norbet Reilly wrote:
>

>>di\ServerContextFactoryTest.java:33: cannot resolve symbol
>>symbol  : class AbstractAdminTestCase
>>location: package server
>>import org.apache.ldap.server.AbstractAdminTestCase;
>>                              ^
>>
>>I gather either ServerContextFactoryTest.java or
>>AbstractAdminTestCase.java have moved between core and main, but I'm
>>afraid I don't know enough about maven to know how to fix the problem.

Alex

Re: ApacheDS build broken (2)

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I just have to deploy the ApacheDS core jar subproject in order to
fix the problem. I'll do it tonite (CEST)

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

PS: I just can't do it from office...