Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Bohinski, Kevin" <Ke...@comcast.com> on 2020/06/28 19:09:37 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Native K8S IAM Role?

Hi Yang,

Awesome, looking forward to 1.11!
In the meantime, we are using a mutating web hook in case anyone else is facing this...

Best,
kevin

From: Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 11:23 PM
To: "Bohinski, Kevin" <Ke...@comcast.com>
Cc: "user@flink.apache.org" <us...@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Native K8S IAM Role?

Hi kevin,

If you mean to add annotations for Flink native K8s session pods, you could use "kubernetes.jobmanager.annotations"
and "kubernetes.taskmanager.annotations"[1]. However, they are only supported from release-1.11. Maybe you could
wait for a little bit more time, 1.11 will be released soon. And we add more features for native K8s integration in 1.11
(e.g. application mode, label, annotation, toleration, etc.).

[1]. https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/config.html#kubernetes<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/config.html*kubernetes__;Iw!!CQl3mcHX2A!ULDBt0kuUlwSJPYMoWXSBl4cXonhzeMiAFpUtVsP4Am1G77FpT6rl8o35FxdplLVN6GdDQ$>

Best,
Yang

Bohinski, Kevin <Ke...@comcast.com>> 于2020年6月26日周五 上午3:09写道:
Hi,

How do we attach an IAM role to the native K8S sessions?

Typically for our other pods we use the following in our yamls:
spec:
  template:
    metadata:
      annotations:
        iam.amazonaws.com/role<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/iam.amazonaws.com/role__;!!CQl3mcHX2A!ULDBt0kuUlwSJPYMoWXSBl4cXonhzeMiAFpUtVsP4Am1G77FpT6rl8o35FxdplKlhJ55SA$>: ROLE_ARN

Best
kevin

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Native K8S IAM Role?

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Using a webhook is really a good direction to support some unreleased Flink
native
k8s features. We are doing the same thing internally.

Best,
Yang

Bohinski, Kevin <Ke...@comcast.com> 于2020年6月29日周一 上午3:09写道: