Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ruud Wijnands <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/16 15:53:17 UTC

How to resolve depencies from jar files to .so files with maven? (Interesting problem using SWT jar files that needs dynamic libs and running JUnit test via maven)

Hi,

I am building an SWT application. This requires a set of external jar files
for SWT and a set of .so shared libraries.
The interesting thing is that all code nicely builds via maven and that the
test are hanging.
By setting maven.junit.fork to false, which I actually should not do since I
use a version 1.4 java compiler, I found out that the SWT stuff is going
wrong.

I added the swt jars to the maven repository and that changes the error I
get, but the result is the same. The tests remain hanging.

What should I do to make this work? Should I copy the .so files in the same
directory as the swt jar files? Or is there another way to indicate these
type of dependencies?

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ruud Wijnands