Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gordon, Jack" <ja...@okstate.edu> on 2008/08/06 15:56:08 UTC

Refresh the cache

Is there a way to refresh the cache without stopping the service?

Jack W. Gordon Jr
Server Administrator
Information Technology
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078
405-744-4540

Re: Refresh the cache

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Gordon, Jack wrote:
> We were told by our vendor to clear the cache.
>
> That may not be the right term, but the process that they have us do is to remove the folders from the following directory:
> D:\Tomcat 4.1\work\Standalone\localhost

OK - you can't do that without stopping Tomcat.

Mark

RE: Refresh the cache

Posted by "Gordon, Jack" <ja...@okstate.edu>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Re: Refresh the cache

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Refresh the cache

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Could you provide some better detail regarding what you mean?  Tomcat
itself does not have a cache in any of it's versions.

--David

Re: Refresh the cache

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Gordon, Jack wrote:
> Is there a way to refresh the cache without stopping the service?

What cache?

Mark