Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sajith kumar <ia...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/17 08:56:41 UTC

Clarification Reg bean:include

Hi all,
Is bean:include thread safe?
In our proj we were using bean:include to include alternative jsp's based on some conditions thru action class
But when Concurrent users were acessing the system the application didnt respond
We changed our logic by replacing bean:include with logic:equal and jsp:include in jsp files

Thanks & regards
Sajith

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Clarification Reg bean:include

Posted by GR...@intellicare.com.
Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com> wrote on 08/17/2005 02:33:03 PM:

> Laurie Harper wrote:
>
> > sajith kumar wrote:
> >
> >> In our proj we were using bean:include to include alternative jsp's
> >> based on some conditions thru action class

> I would also ask how <bean:include...> was replaced by <logic:equal...>
> and <jsp:include...> since it seems like <bean:include...> doesn't
> encapsulate their combined functionality.
>
> Perhaps a more complete example might help?
>
> Dave

I was wondering about this too.. and decided it had something to do with
the "based on some conditions" bit the original poster had. But, as you
say, more code is the key..

Geeta

Re: Clarification Reg bean:include

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
sajith kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is bean:include thread safe?
> In our proj we were using bean:include to include alternative jsp's based on some conditions thru action class
> But when Concurrent users were acessing the system the application didnt respond
> We changed our logic by replacing bean:include with logic:equal and jsp:include in jsp files

What do you mean by 'tread safe' in the context of a JSP tag? If you're
wondering if it's safe for more than one request to be calling bean:include
from (the same or different) JSPs at the same time, the answer is yes, that
should be no problem.

L.
--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie

Re: Clarification Reg bean:include

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <st...@anotheria.net>.
The only difference i know, is that jsp:include actually creates a new
context for each page, so the included page writes directly to the
outputstream, and bean:include caches the result of the included page and
writes it out at once.

So if you are playing with flush-attribute or having uncaught exceptions in
the included page, you may encounter problems, at least on tomcat.
However, to answer your original question, both methods should be
thread-safe, at least as long, as you code thread-safe.

Regards
leon