Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2010/01/09 06:38:07 UTC

CouchDB Accounts

Hey folks,

I've been doing a lot of integration work on the login system lately.
I've documented the changes here:

http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa/_show/post/CouchDB-Accounts

I don't think there are any breaking changes, but it should be a lot
easier for CouchApp developers to write secure apps now.

My next project is upgrading my existing CouchApps like Sofa and Toast
to take advantage of this stuff. I'll try to document that process as
I go through it.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if I broke something you
depend on, let us know so we can make it easy for you.

Enjoy,

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB Accounts

Posted by Matteo Caprari <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks chris,
very helpful, well done!

--
:Matteo Caprari
matteo.caprari@gmail.com

Re: CouchDB Accounts

Posted by Roger Binns <ro...@rogerbinns.com>.

Re: CouchDB Accounts

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM, James Marca
<jm...@translab.its.uci.edu> wrote:
> User accounts are great! Thanks for getting this done.
>
> One request that is only a tangentially related.  In upgrading to take
> advantage of this feature, I hit the invalid UTF-8 JSON bug discussed
> back in December on the mailing list.   Because it took me a while to
> figure out, I just updated the Wiki to mention this in the
> "troubleshooting" section.  Could someone edit the README in the
> source code to mention that old versions of CouchDB really need to be
> scrubbed from the filesystem prior to upgrading?
>
> One bug that you may have already noticed:  The link in Futon that says
> "Welcome James" or whatever seems to be hardcoded to point to users,
> rather than whatever the correct db is supposed to be (in my case,
> "_users").  I am running

thanks, I think I've got that fixed now.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB Accounts

Posted by James Marca <jm...@translab.its.uci.edu>.
User accounts are great! Thanks for getting this done.

One request that is only a tangentially related.  In upgrading to take
advantage of this feature, I hit the invalid UTF-8 JSON bug discussed
back in December on the mailing list.   Because it took me a while to
figure out, I just updated the Wiki to mention this in the
"troubleshooting" section.  Could someone edit the README in the
source code to mention that old versions of CouchDB really need to be
scrubbed from the filesystem prior to upgrading?

One bug that you may have already noticed:  The link in Futon that says
"Welcome James" or whatever seems to be hardcoded to point to users,
rather than whatever the correct db is supposed to be (in my case,
"_users").  I am running

couchdb built from git commit 84fd4ae77ef7b4c53a9159394747676a1c65ab51
 {"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.11.0b84fd4ae7-git"}

Regards,
James Marca

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 09:38:07PM -0800, Chris Anderson wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I've been doing a lot of integration work on the login system lately.
> I've documented the changes here:
>
> http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa/_show/post/CouchDB-Accounts
>
> I don't think there are any breaking changes, but it should be a lot
> easier for CouchApp developers to write secure apps now.
>
> My next project is upgrading my existing CouchApps like Sofa and Toast
> to take advantage of this stuff. I'll try to document that process as
> I go through it.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns, or if I broke something you
> depend on, let us know so we can make it easy for you.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Anderson