Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by wt <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/05 09:10:15 UTC

odbc caches - cannot browse

is there a reason why the odbc driver can't show all the caches and browse
their schemas' like regular odbc drivers?

this is a regular odbc driver allowing the user to navigate tables.
odbc.png
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1892/odbc.png>

Re: odbc caches - cannot browse

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
The issue is fixed and is in master already.

You can wait for Ignite 2.7 release or check that the issue is
resolved with nightly release [1]

[1] -
https://ci.ignite.apache.org/project.html?projectId=Releases_NightlyRelease

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by wt <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Igor

Re: odbc caches - cannot browse

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
It looks like an error. I filed a ticket [1]. I'll try to fit to to 2.7

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9891

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Can you please collect and share logs with us?

You can find instructions on how to enable ODBC
log for example here: [1]

[1] -
https://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=BGOD_logging_logwin

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

ODBC driver should allow you to show all *tables* in their schemas and
browse them. Note that you need to have tables and not just plain caches.

If it doesn't, please guide me what is the software you are using. Is it
Microsoft Excel? What is the version?

Ilya Kasnacheev