Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik <fi...@filip.net> on 2003/04/16 04:06:42 UTC

error with JMX

this is a common misuse of the HashMap iterator.
tryint to get/set/remove attributes from the same map you are just
iterating.
Instead when iterating through the "entry" set, just get the key and the
value from the same.

do we have any control over this.

Filip

WARNING: Error registering contexts
        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:762)
        at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(HashMap.java:804)
        at java.util.HashMap.putAllForCreate(HashMap.java:420)
        at java.util.HashMap.clone(HashMap.java:636)
        at
mx4j.server.DefaultMBeanRepository.clone(DefaultMBeanRepository.java:
56)
        at
mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.findMBeansByPattern(MBeanServerImpl.java:
1603)
        at
mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.queryObjectNames(MBeanServerImpl.java:156
8)
        at
mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.queryMBeans(MBeanServerImpl.java:1512)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.MapperListener.init(MapperListener.java:150
)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector.start(CoyoteConnector.java:
1243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:5
28)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:231
3)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:572)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:297)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:394)
Apr 15, 2003 7:04:21 PM
org.apache.commons.modeler.modules.MbeansDescriptorsDOMS

Re: error with JMX

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Filip Hanik wrote:

> this is a common misuse of the HashMap iterator.
> tryint to get/set/remove attributes from the same map you are just
> iterating.
> Instead when iterating through the "entry" set, just get the key and the
> value from the same.
>
> do we have any control over this.

Not too much - it's another open source project :-)

I sent 4 patches in last few days ( one was breaking the tests for
modeler )

We could use JMX-RI1.2, but we need to check the license and it won't
be as easy to download. ( I use ri a lot - the console is
much faster ).

Costin