Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2016/05/16 22:28:10 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC5

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the sixth (!) candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.0.0.
This is a major release that includes: (1) New message format
including timestamps (2) client interceptor API (3) Kafka Streams.
Since this is a major release, we will give people more time to try it
out and give feedback.

Release notes for the 0.10.0.0 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Special thanks for Liquan Pei and Tom Crayford for testing the
previous release candidate and reporting back issues.

Note that this is the sixth RC. I hope we are done with blockers,
because I'm tired of RCs :)

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, May 20, 4pm PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka

* scala-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/scaladoc

* java-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/javadoc/

* tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.0 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=f68d6218478960b6cc6a01a18542825cc2fe8b80

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/protocol.html

/**************************************

Thanks,

Gwen

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC5

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Holding off for another blocker:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/1400

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC5

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Yeah, this means another RC.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC5

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
FYI, there's a blocker issue with this RC due to Apache licensing
restrictions. One of Connect's dependencies transitively includes the
findbugs annotations jar, which is used for static analysis. Luckily it
doesn't affect functionality and looks like it can easily be filtered out.
We also discovered that some jars that had been explicitly filtered in core
had accidentally been pulled in as streams dependencies (junit, jline,
netty). These issues are being addressed here:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/1396

-Ewen

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> wrote:

> Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,
>
> This is the sixth (!) candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.0.0.
> This is a major release that includes: (1) New message format
> including timestamps (2) client interceptor API (3) Kafka Streams.
> Since this is a major release, we will give people more time to try it
> out and give feedback.
>
> Release notes for the 0.10.0.0 release:
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>
> Special thanks for Liquan Pei and Tom Crayford for testing the
> previous release candidate and reporting back issues.
>
> Note that this is the sixth RC. I hope we are done with blockers,
> because I'm tired of RCs :)
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by Friday, May 20, 4pm PT
>
> Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS
>
> * Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/
>
> * Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka
>
> * scala-doc
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/scaladoc
>
> * java-doc
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/javadoc/
>
> * tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.0 tag:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=f68d6218478960b6cc6a01a18542825cc2fe8b80
>
> * Documentation:
> http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html
>
> * Protocol:
> http://kafka.apache.org/0100/protocol.html
>
> /**************************************
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gwen

Ewen

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC5

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
FYI, there's a blocker issue with this RC due to Apache licensing
restrictions. One of Connect's dependencies transitively includes the
findbugs annotations jar, which is used for static analysis. Luckily it
doesn't affect functionality and looks like it can easily be filtered out.
We also discovered that some jars that had been explicitly filtered in core
had accidentally been pulled in as streams dependencies (junit, jline,
netty). These issues are being addressed here:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/1396

-Ewen

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> wrote:

> Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,
>
> This is the sixth (!) candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.0.0.
> This is a major release that includes: (1) New message format
> including timestamps (2) client interceptor API (3) Kafka Streams.
> Since this is a major release, we will give people more time to try it
> out and give feedback.
>
> Release notes for the 0.10.0.0 release:
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>
> Special thanks for Liquan Pei and Tom Crayford for testing the
> previous release candidate and reporting back issues.
>
> Note that this is the sixth RC. I hope we are done with blockers,
> because I'm tired of RCs :)
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by Friday, May 20, 4pm PT
>
> Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS
>
> * Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/
>
> * Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka
>
> * scala-doc
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/scaladoc
>
> * java-doc
> http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc5/javadoc/
>
> * tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.0 tag:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=f68d6218478960b6cc6a01a18542825cc2fe8b80
>
> * Documentation:
> http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html
>
> * Protocol: