Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Neelam Dharnidharka <ne...@oracle.com> on 2014/02/14 08:22:06 UTC

issues Axis 2/Axis1

Hi Axis support team,
I am getting following issues with Axis 1 and Axis2, please let me know if there is a work around  -

Using Axis1, if I add a wsdlFile in my service_config.wsdd, then I have to give absolute path of my WSDL files.
I tried using path from WEB-INF, WEB-INF/classes and many other ways , but it only takes absolute path. And does not change the URL dynamically. So if I give it customer, they have manually change the wsdlFile paths in the wsdd file.
is there a work around for these issues in Axis 1 ?

I know the above issue wsdlFile path issue is  not in Axis 2. But using Axis2, I am having other issue as below -
If I use Axis 2 jars, then my SOAP UI client  does not show the output message in the right format, it shows full xml output in  a single line instead of showing full xml nesting per line.
Is there any namespace specific configuration for axis2? Using Same wsdls/schema I don't see this issue  using Axis1.

Please let me know if this is a know issue? And if there is a workaround for it.

Thanks
Neelam

RE: issues Axis 1.4/Axis1.0

Posted by Neelam Dharnidharka <ne...@oracle.com>.
Does anyone have any comment on this variation in the output between Axis 1.4 and Axis 1.0  ?

Re: email below with the screen shot of the output in soap UI with the different version of Axis.

Thanks

Neelam

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Axis 1.4 definitely returns the XML without additional whitespace. That is
not a problem. Normally SOAPUI is expected to format the XML in a more
readable way (although the screenshot suggests that you are viewing the raw
payload). There is however definitely a problem with the XML returned by
Axis 1.4 in your case. It is not well formed with respect to namespaces:
xmlns:brm="" is not allowed in XML 1.0.

The problem is that it is not easy to debug that without having access to
the code of the Web service. Do you think that it would be possible to get
a test case (sample application) that reproduces the issue?

Andreas

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Neelam Dharnidharka <

RE: issues Axis 1.4/Axis1.0

Re: issues Axis 1.4/Axis1.0

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

RE: issues Axis 1.4/Axis1.0

RE: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Re: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by "robertlazarski ." <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Neelam Dharnidharka
<ne...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Could you pl clarify where to get the fix from? I mean which version of Axis?
> I see its fixed in 1.4, but in 1.4 I don't see any class like generateWSDL.

A quick google search turned up what I believe what you are looking for.

http://kickjava.com/src/org/apache/axis/providers/BasicProvider.java.htm

You can also dig thru svn here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis/trunk/

RE: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Re: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

RE: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Re: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

RE: issues Axis 2/Axis1

RE: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by Neelam Dharnidharka <ne...@oracle.com>.
I am using service_config.wsdd file, and added my custom wsdl as
<wsdlFile>filename with absolute path</wsdlFile>

Posted by "robertlazarski ." <ro...@gmail.com>.

RE: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by Neelam Dharnidharka <ne...@oracle.com>.
Hi Andreas,
Thanks for your response.

My current Axis -
Version: 1.0
Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5.1

The WSDL that are working fine for Axis 1, does not show correct output format if I use Axis 2.
In Axis 2 my SOAP UI just shows full xml in a single line !!

Re: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

RE: issues Axis 2/Axis1

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 23:22:06 -0800
From: neelam.dharnidharka@oracle.com
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
Subject: issues Axis 2/Axis1

http://dos2unix.sourceforge.net/
MG>Most corporate environments run Windows Clients only so UNIX->DOS issues occur frequently
MG>If you are an old Nix guy like me you'll want to install some Unix Utilities for DOS from CYWGIN on MG>Windows...take a look at
MG>http://cygwin.com/install.html

Thanks
Neelam