Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rocco Scappatura <Ro...@sttspa.it> on 2007/12/01 22:38:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewriting URL inside a 'proxyed' page

Hello,

I have a Tomcat webapp which is surfed from Internet using a reverse proxy
(or better, my idea is).

To be practical, say that:

 http://www.exaple.com/site/ --> http://localhost:8081/webapp/app/site/

Unfortunately, when I get the home page
(http://www.exaple.com/site/index.html) correctly, I find that every URL
inside it is ABSOLUTE and wrong:

 http:/www.example.com/app/site/link

Then I have tried to extend Apache 2.2 using 'mod_proxy_html'.

I have followed step by step the tutorial at:

 http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

but without success! :-(

Could somebody give me an hint on I could rewrite the URL inside a page
get from a reverse proxy?

Please note that I have tried mod_proxy_html in another situation, where
the webapp return me (always through a reverse proxy) a web page, but with
RELATIVE URL inside it. In that case mod_html_proxy has worked fine.

Moreover, tell me if this is the right place where to post this question.
Other wise where I have to ask?

TIA,

rocsca