Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu> on 2020/10/04 20:13:24 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: SAML Authentication Extension Group Membership

Ok thanks. I wanted to make sure to avoid troubleshooting something that was expected behavior.

I have debug logging enabled and am able to see the group names coming from my identity provider. The line says “Group” so I set saml-group-attribute: Group in guacamole.properties (documentation says Groups is default) But when I log in, the group membership is not recognized and connections and permissions are not being applied.

Is there any other way to troubleshoot why the group membership is not being recognized?

Thanks

Posted by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu>.
Hi Simon,

The behavior you described is pretty much what I have experienced. Regarding the logouts, that is not working for me either. Perhaps these are ADFS specific issues as opposed to SAML in general.

Posted by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu>.
Is there anything else that can be tried to troubleshoot that anyone can think of?

Thanks

Posted by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu>.