Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> on 2008/09/17 20:17:11 UTC

Congrats to Milinda

Hey guys,

Just wanted to extend a congrats and thank you to Milinda for his GSoC
contribution, hoping he has more coming :) I attached a screenshot of the
console front page, it's pretty sweet looking!

Cheers,
Matthieu

Re: Congrats to Milinda

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
Thanks for all of your responses. I am currently implementing summary and
statistics view for MMC home page and fixing other bugs, I'll send a
screenshot of home page when I am done with it. I think there are more
things to do. Also I have figure out that showing instances using widget
will break the UI if there are more than 20 instances available. It's a
common thing to have more than 20 instances in real world deployment. I am
planinng to implement pagin mechanism with list of instances and when we
click on those instances it will show more details about it in a dialog box
or in a new page(still don't have a correct idea about this). If anyone have
any comments about what we must show to the user in 'home page' as summary
please feel free to reply to this mail.

Current Plan for Home Page:

 - Display list of processes and instances created for each processes in a
scrollable widget.
 - Display most recent erros occurred(Most recent instaces woth faults).
 - Instance summary in a pie chart to get an idea about the active,
completed, supened, etc. instances.
 - Serer status (like memory usage, etc..)

These things will display as set of widgets as following.

+-----------------------------+     +-----------------------------+
| Process Summary   |      | Process Summary   |
+-----------------------------+     +-----------------------------+
|                               |      |                               |
|                               |      |                               |
|                               |      |                               |
|                               |      |                               |
+-----------------------------+     +------------------------------+

+-----------------------------+     +-----------------------------+
| Process Summary   |      | Process Summary   |
+-----------------------------+     +-----------------------------+
|                               |      |                               |
|                               |      |                               |
|                               |      |                               |
|                               |      |                               |
+-----------------------------+     +------------------------------+

Thanks,
Milinda

--
http://mpathirage.com
http://wso2.org "Oxygen for Web Service Developers"

Re: Congrats to Milinda

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Re: Congrats to Milinda

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It's very nice to see GSoC students learning the Apache Way and
> becoming committers.

Is that a prod? ;)

Assaf just pointed out that the attachment had been stripped so here we go:

http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-console.jpg

Strip that emzln!

Cheers,
Matthieu

Re: Congrats to Milinda

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: Release [was: Re: Congrats to Milinda]

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>wrote:

> there are still a few minor issues with the console, so I'd like to wait
> until they are fixed. I'll open jiras for them tomorrow.

Agreed.

> Regarding the releases: Do we have a roadmap how to proceed with the 1.x
> branch? If not, what about creating one which indicates what releases we
> plan for each branch and which feature we want to include targeting
> which release. This document should not be carved in stone but rather
> guideline, just to see what is a development branch and what is a
> maintenance branch. At least for me this distinction got a bit blurred
> with trunk and 1.x.

The way I see it, 1.x is almost in maintenance mode.   It still gets new
features but only those that do no impact stability and that are easily
ported to trunk.   Trunk was our playground for radically new features but
would now transition towards becoming stable.

I agree. I think there are a lot of new features in trunk that need some
> beta testing. Once it's been stabilized, the support for 1.x binary
> models has turned out to be reliably working, we can probably shut down
> the 1.x branch, right?

Yes, I think development on 1.x would essentially stop.  Only critical
bug-fixes would be applied for the benefit of those running 1.x for
production.

alex

Release [was: Re: Congrats to Milinda]

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

there are still a few minor issues with the console, so I'd like to wait
until they are fixed. I'll open jiras for them tomorrow.

Regarding the releases: Do we have a roadmap how to proceed with the 1.x
branch? If not, what about creating one which indicates what releases we
plan for each branch and which feature we want to include targeting
which release. This document should not be carved in stone but rather
guideline, just to see what is a development branch and what is a
maintenance branch. At least for me this distinction got a bit blurred
with trunk and 1.x.

What do you think?

Re: Congrats to Milinda

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.