Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2019/12/17 12:23:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache NetBeans utilities nbm-maven-harness version 11.2 and nbm-maven-plugin 4.4 (take 2)

Dear members of Apache NetBeans community.

I want to call a vote on releasing in one step Apache NetBeans utilities
nbm-maven-harness version 11.2 and nbm-maven-plugin 4.4.

nbm-maven-plugin an Apache Maven plugin that make possible to use Maven for
developing  Apache NetBeans Platform instead of Apache Ant.
Change from 4.4
-Use of harness from Apache NetBeans 11.2

nbm-maven-harness 11.2 is a library built using maven artefacts Apache
NetBeans RELEASE112 (making version jump to match) to make tools for
nbm-maven-plugin Contains almost no sources by itself except a placeholder.
Change from 11.1
-Use the RELEASE112 that fix installer jdk 11+, remove unpack2000 usage

You have to follow an order to proper regenerate the plugin as
nbm-maven-plugin depend on nbm-maven-harness.

1) You first need to validate nbm-maven harness

The voting artefacts sources are located here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-maven-utilities/nbm
-maven-harness/nbm-maven-harness-11.2/
In addition to that the Maven artifacts built from
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-nbm-maven-harness
with the commit id cc80fffed27b2e08649d45b4ac6a9d28f29f0a4b(tag
nbm-maven-harness-11.2) are staged in the following repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1054/

2) You have then to validate nbm-maven-plugin

The voting artefacts source are located here:
(zip in dist change from previous vote, removing of nb-configuration)
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-maven-utilities/nbm
-maven-plugin/nbm-maven-plugin-4.4-take2/

In addition to that the Maven artifacts built from
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-nbm-maven-plugin
with the commit id 4aa4677ff3088a114261d5d3144969bc34904fad(tag
nbm-maven-plugin-4.4) are staged in the following repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1054/

Key file is here:
https://www.apache.org/dist/netbeans/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72h.

Best Regards

Eric Barboni (skygo)

RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache NetBeans utilities nbm-maven-harness version 11.2 and nbm-maven-plugin 4.4 (take 2)

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the report.
 The harness doc is still not done. This is a special lib with no goals.
 Agree that later this need to redirect to better page.
Best Regards
Eric

Not directly related to the plugin validation, but the Apache NetBeans Maven Utilities NBM Harness documentation site doesn't work.(
https://bits.netbeans.org/mavenutilities/nbm-maven-harness)

Cheers,

JMB

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.