Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com> on 2003/09/10 17:31:27 UTC

JSP problem

Hi all

We ran into a rather odd problem earlier today. Tomcat stopped serving JSP,
though it continued to serve servlets. Stopping and restarting did not solve
the problem.
We 'solved' it by emptying the 'work' directory.
The setup is Apache 2 with Tomcat 4.1.24 connecting using mod_jk - virtual
hosts etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated, as our 'fix' might not last for very long

Michele

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/
Probably the cheapest ie's in Ireland
Tel. +353 (0)59 9139897
Fax. +353 (0)59 9139897

reliance to it is prohibited.

RE: JSP problem

Posted by "Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.
> Are the permissions of the userid running tomcat and
> directory structure correct?
>
> For example, I usually run tomcat as userid tomcat (or
> similar), but occassionally a sysadmin will restart tomcat as
> root. On the next restart - some files might be still owned
> by root and then ... bad things happen.
>
> -Tim
We have Tomcat installed centrally and it is running as root.
This might be an avenue to investigate.

reliance to it is prohibited.

RE: JSP problem

Posted by "Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.

> Are the permissions of the userid running tomcat and
> directory structure correct?
>
> For example, I usually run tomcat as userid tomcat (or
> similar), but occassionally a sysadmin will restart tomcat as
> root. On the next restart - some files might be still owned
> by root and then ... bad things happen.

We've explored that avenue. And it's not it :-(

Re: JSP problem

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

RE: JSP problem

Posted by "Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.