Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/03 06:21:01 UTC

Single quote issues in the message properties

Hi,

I recently discovered and fixed the single quote issue in the Tuscany message property files. For example, we used to have something like:

can't ....

During the logging message formatting, the single quote is removed (sometimes it leads to missing parameters if the {} is followed). As a side effort, some of the compliance tests use the wrong message to compare, for example, using "cant" instead of "can't". I fixed the ones owned by Tuscany, but there are two from OASIS. I'm attaching the patches here. Can somebody from OASIS fix them?

Thanks,
Raymond

Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com

Re: Single quote issues in the message properties

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Never mind. I was looking into the wrong place otest/newlayout (should we
> remove the folder?).
> Now I fixed all the messages in testing/compliance-test.
> Thanks,
> Raymond
> Raymond Feng
> rfeng@apache.org
> Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
> Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
> Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com
> On Sep 2, 2011, at 9:21 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I recently discovered and fixed the single quote issue in the Tuscany
> message property files. For example, we used to have something like:
> can't ....
> During the logging message formatting, the single quote is removed
> (sometimes it leads to missing parameters if the {} is followed). As a side
> effort, some of the compliance tests use the wrong message to compare, for
> example, using "cant" instead of "can't". I fixed the ones owned by Tuscany,
> but there are two from OASIS. I'm attaching the patches here. Can somebody
> from OASIS fix them?
> Thanks,
> Raymond
> <1.diff>
> <2.diff>
> Raymond Feng
> rfeng@apache.org
> Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
> Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
> Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com

Hi Raymond

Thanks for the fix. I still use "newlayout" when we need to build the
contribution zips that get pushed up to the Tuscany repo. It's also
handy for debugging individual test. When/if OASIS publish the test
resources themselves I guess we can remove or reorganize it.

Simon

Re: Single quote issues in the message properties

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.