Posted to users@felix.apache.org by chihi asma <ch...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/10/03 16:40:55 UTC

Felix, Knopflerfish or Equinox?

Hi every body,

I have to integrate an OSGi framework into a gateway, so I have to chose one between Felix, Knopflerfish and Equinox. As it seems, Eqiunox is the most suitable (less memory and CPU
consumption and it implements all the specification 4) Can any one help me by telling me how
to compare between the different frameworks and if possible by givin some tutorials.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Felix, Knopflerfish or Equinox?

Posted by Youssef <yo...@gmail.com>.
chihi asma wrote:
> Hi every body,
>
> I have to integrate an OSGi framework into a gateway, so I have to chose one between Felix, Knopflerfish and Equinox. As it seems, Eqiunox is the most suitable (less memory and CPU
> consumption and it implements all the specification 4) Can any one help me by telling me how
> to compare between the different frameworks and if possible by givin some tutorials.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I use Apache Felix  and work fine for me. under MAC OSX Leopard, Java1.6
, felix take ~0%CPU and ~12Meg real memory.
http://solutionsfit.com/blog/2008/08/27/osgi-what-modularity-can-do-for-you-part-1/
: a good introduction to modularity using OSGi
best

--Ucef

Re: Felix, Knopflerfish or Equinox?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
chihi asma wrote:
> Hi every body,
>
> I have to integrate an OSGi framework into a gateway, so I have to chose one between Felix, Knopflerfish and Equinox. As it seems, Eqiunox is the most suitable (less memory and CPU
> consumption and it implements all the specification 4) Can any one help me by telling me how
> to compare between the different frameworks and if possible by givin some tutorials.

As far as Felix is concerned, it should be reasonably small and suitable
for small devices; it certainly has been used on many small devices.
Hard to come up with precise measurements for these sorts of questions.

-> richard