Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ni...@sercel.fr on 2004/07/21 12:27:56 UTC

Validation

I'm using an old version of j-xerces (2.0.2)... I'd like to know if the
new versions implement a better way of retrieving the validation errors
(validation of an xml instance against a schema dictionary by using a DOM
parser, previously the DOMASBuilder) ?
Is it possible to get easily the name of the element which value was
invalid, the properties of this element (facets : min, max allowed for
example) to send
these information back to the user for example (instead of a technical
message such as "cvc-complex-type ...") ?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Nicolas