Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Esa Heikkinen <es...@student.tut.fi> on 2018/05/10 07:52:48 UTC

RE: Recommended books and batch vs stream processing

These books are only for stream processing ? Are there exist books also for batch processing ?

I am interested in would it be possible to do the batch processing by the stream processing and how well. Certain (simple) data analysis task can certainly be done in both ways.

I think most complex data analysis cases are not possible in stream processing, but where is the limit when the ability of the stream processing is not sufficient ?

Do you know whether anyone has studied this ?

Of course the batch processing can be much slower, but better slower than never.

Best, Esa