Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Gyewon Lee <st...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/25 15:31:30 UTC

.Net Avro support union?

Hi.

I have some issue for writing DataContract for Avro schema including Union
object (in Tang). It seems that just using Object types for Union type is
not working. I checked the Nuget Avro version and but there is no release
note so that I cannot check whether this issue was resolved or not.

Any idea on this issue?

Best regards,
Gyewon

Re: .Net Avro support union?

Posted by Gyewon Lee <st...@gmail.com>.
Okay. I will re-submit my PR w/o Avro serialization and make a separate
issue after it is merged. All configurations containing named objects will
be ignored during serialization processes.

Again, thank you so much!

Best,
Gyewon

Re: .Net Avro support union?

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gyewon,

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: .Net Avro support union?

Posted by Gyewon Lee <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: .Net Avro support union?

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Re: .Net Avro support union?

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gyewon,

We're in the process of replacing Avro with protobuf 3.x.
We may want to update REEF-31 to work with protobuf 3.x..

Thanks.
-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun