Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Da...@L-3Com.com on 2011/08/12 16:02:24 UTC

Unbinding method fails when deactivating service component

I have a situation where I stop a bundle, which causes all of the
declarative services to be deactivated.  As one of the component is
being deactivated, the SCR attempts to unbind all service references.
One of the unbinding methods for the service uses the ServiceReference
argument and attempts to get the service object from the reference.
However, this doesn't work since somehow the service has already be
unregistered.

Shouldn't the unbinding method be called before the service is
unregistered?

I'm using Felix SCR 1.6.0 and Felix 3.2.2.

Let me know if you need more info.

David Humeniuk

Re: Unbinding method fails when deactivating service component

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
I think SCR may process events asynchronously to avoid deadlocks, in
which case it wouldn't be available. Just a guess...

-> richard