Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Whitcomb, Roger" <Ro...@ca.com> on 2002/09/13 23:36:58 UTC

Keith -RE: Wrapper and Servlet unavailable errors...

Keith,
	I apologize for my attitude and that I offended you.  I see (now) your previous posts about the problem.  What (if anything) changed a day ago when the problem started?  Did you check the location of the compiled .class file (AuthenticateServlet.class)?  Is it in the WEB-INF\classes directory?  So, the error just comes up the first time you access the page after restarting Tomcat?  Do you make changes to the servlet code, recompile and then restart Tomcat?  Are you using NetBeans all the time to compile the servlet?  I wonder if it is a timing problem.

Roger Whitcomb
Computer Associates
Senior Software Engineer
Development
Phone: +1 408 965 8653
FAX: +1 408 965 8805
roger.whitcomb@ca.com <ma...@ca.com>

Posted by KEITH PEMBERTON <ga...@charter.net>.
Don't sweat it...  I know that tomcat and the whole
JSP/Servlet world is still a little new to me.  Thanks for
the apology and I'm sorry for my attitude as well...
 Anyway, I'm am having problems compling the
AuthenticateServlet.java file when I do it manually (javac
AuthenticateServlet.java).  I am sure I need to add a
classpath after the javac command, but I don't know what
to add.  The errors that it produces all relate to
specific items in the javax.servlet.* packages... I gotta
go for now and will detail more later...

Keith

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:36:58 -0400