Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rob <st...@rob.manthey.id.au> on 2005/05/26 01:58:21 UTC

Re: [struts] MyEclipse with Struts 1.2

(I sent this earlier, but found that I was not subscribed properly to
the list, so here's a retry)

I'm using MyEclipse 3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1 on Eclipse 3.1M4 with Struts
1.2.4 and JSTL 1.1, deployed on Tomcat 5.5.7 on JDK1.5.0_02 (all
actually running and conforming to JDK1.5, not just JDK1.4 code running
on 1.5).
It works ok.  Some things are a bit jumpy, but the Struts stuff works
pretty well, as far as I have found.  Mind you I'm not stretching it ...
simple JSPs, DynaValidator forms, standard actions, business logic in
separate java classes, persistence managed by RMI to another server
altogether (separate developer), a bit of struts-validator, some canoo
webtests ... nothing really adventurous.
I believe there is now a slightly later release of MyE available, but
I'm locked on that one till I finish the work I'm doing at present - I'm
minimising irrelevant progress detractors (like technology upgrades)
until I've fanned out the page content, having satisfied myself that the
platforms and basic structures as satisfactory.
Rob

     Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:17:02 +0300
     From: "Harry Hartley" <hh...@pobox.com>
     Subject: MyEclipse with Struts 1.2

     Based on many of the comments I have found here, I decided to download
     MyEclipse.

     I see in the documents online and in the tool that there is support for
     struts 1.0 and 1.1.

     I would like to know if there is support for Struts 1.2 or easy
     workarounds
     to support Struts 1.2 before my forehead gets bloody.

     Does anyone have experience with Struts 1.2 on the latest download of
     MyEclipse?

     Thanks,

     Harry