Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Xiaoyu Ma <hz...@corp.netease.com> on 2015/07/02 05:22:21 UTC

Spark on Hadoop 2.5.2

Hi guys,
I was trying to deploy SparkSQL thrift server on Hadoop 2.5.2 with Kerberos / Hive .13. It seems I got problem as below when I tried to start thrift server.
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: SASL_PROPS
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.HadoopThriftAuthBridge20S.getHadoopSaslProperties(HadoopThriftAuthBridge20S.java:126)
	at org.apache.hive.service.auth.HiveAuthFactory.getSaslProperties(HiveAuthFactory.java:116)
	at org.apache.hive.service.auth.HiveAuthFactory.getAuthTransFactory(HiveAuthFactory.java:133)
	at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftBinaryCLIService.run(ThriftBinaryCLIService.java:43)

I searched a little bit and and seems related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7620 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7620>
I was trying to make my Spark pull this change but found Spark is using something of its own hive groupId:
org.spark-project.hive instead of org.apache.hive
Where can I find source code this specific version of Hive?

Or is there any other way around?

Thanks.

Shawn