Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Don Vaillancourt <do...@avaterra.com> on 2000/04/26 17:03:39 UTC

Building Apache with DSO for Tomcat's JServ

Hi again,

I have rebuilt Apache with the following command line:

./configure --prefix=/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/apache
--shared_rule=SHARED_CORE

then

make install

When I use the apxs command to build mod_jserv.so I get an error that
apache is not configured with DSO.

Is there a problem with apache, or did I build it incorrectly.

Don

Re: Building Apache with DSO for Tomcat's JServ

Posted by Jun Inamori <j-...@osa.att.ne.jp>.
Hi Don,

> ./configure --prefix=/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/apache
> --shared_rule=SHARED_CORE
> When I use the apxs command to build mod_jserv.so I get an error that
> apache is not configured with DSO.
Your configuration seems to install no module, and in such a case,
--shared_rule=SHARED_CORE option has no effect. This results in the
Apache without DSO!
If you realy need not any other module, try with --enable-shared=mod_so.
But in usual case, --enable-shared=most will be OK.

Happy Java programming!

Jun Inamori
E-mail: j-office@osa.att.ne.jp