Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org> on 2012/11/16 04:17:45 UTC

Disabling auto format

I have a new computer and have installed a new copy of open office and
cannot remember how to disable one of the auto correct features.  In
particular, I do not want it to automatically change the first letter
after a period to an upper case letter.  In case it matters, I'm on
Windows 7 and OOo 3.4.1.

Under help I found this:

    To Stop Capitalizing the First Letter of a Sentence

 1.

    Choose *Tools -- AutoCorrect Options*.

 2.

    Click the *Options* tab.

 3.

    Clear the "Capitalize first letter of every sentence" check box.

However under the Tools menu the only entries are:
Macros   >
Extension Manager...
Customize...
Options...

So I looked under Options but still found nothing about AutoCorrect.

--
Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03

Re: Disabling auto format

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 22:17 15/11/2012 -0500, Dale Erwin wrote:
>I have a new computer and have installed a new copy of open office
>and cannot remember how to disable one of the auto correct
>features.  In particular, I do not want it to automatically change
>the first letter after a period to an upper case letter.  In case it
>matters, I'm on Windows 7 and OOo 3.4.1.
>
>Under help I found this:
>To Stop Capitalizing the First Letter of a Sentence ... Choose
>*Tools -- AutoCorrect Options*.
>However under the Tools menu the only entries are: ...

That's because you have yet to open a document.  Menus are often
context-dependent.  Create or open an appropriate document and you
will see the options you need.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Disabling auto format

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
Thanks guys.  That was so simple... and logical.  You'd never believe I
was a software engineer before I retired 12 years ago.

Re: Disabling auto format

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
Hi the entries in the tool menu changes depending
on the document type you have open.
When you have no document type selected it shows
the four options you described.