Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravi Kothiyal <ra...@mail.com> on 2002/10/05 09:33:04 UTC

Re: Xtreeme Newbie, trying to get demos to work

hi,
Yes You need Java Server/JSP engine to run webapplication demo .
If are using any jsp/servlet engine . Configure the luceneweb.war application with the demo in the jsp engine.

Then create the index file for serach.
For that you have to add lucene-2.1.jar and lucene-demos-2.1.jar in your classpath.

the Index can be created by
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index pathtostoreindex pathofyourdocumentstobeindexed

modify the path of index in the configuration.jsp in the luceneweb.jar

This will make your search engine work

For more help visit
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/gettingstarted.html

Hope this will help you