Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jeff Martin <je...@synamic.co.uk> on 2000/08/18 10:44:03 UTC

Has Alexandria Stalled?

Is Alexandria still under active development?

Is anyone working on stuff that's just not quite ready yet (I've got some
stuff to intergrate ChangeLog with Alexandria but it needs to be made and
optional task before I submit it)

What's happening with JXR?

What's the plan?

Re: Has Alexandria Stalled?

Posted by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.
Jeff Martin wrote:

> Is Alexandria still under active development?

Not active.. but semi-active.  Jetspeed and work has been higher
priority for a while.. :(

> Is anyone working on stuff that's just not quite ready yet (I've got some
> stuff to intergrate ChangeLog with Alexandria but it needs to be made and
> optional task before I submit it)

I would say +1.  Let's get it in.  Can you post diffs?  If they look
good we can get you CVS commit and then you can run with it.

> What's happening with JXR?

JXR is almost complete.  Actually is is DONE but there were a few bugs
that kept me from releasing it.  They were very complex and I wanted to
use a decent debugger to figure out he problem.  I just got *really* mad
at jdb and the JPDA implementations (they are all really buggy) that I
stopped and haven't gone back yet.  Seriously it is like a 2 hour job to
get everything in JXR done.

> What's the plan?

My plan is to devote some time before ApacheCon and get everything
cleaned up for a 1.0.  JXR support is included.  I am about to
(hopefully) get openjava.org and a dedicated machine to run Alexandria
nightlies on.  Should be cool.

+1 for your commits.  I saw your PATCH emial before but since it was
small I haven't gotten around to doing it.

Kevin

--
** Should SUN Open Source Java? Please Vote:
http://relativity.yi.org/java **

Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)
http://relativity.yi.org
Message to SUN Microsystems:  "Please Open Source Java!"
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme
excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.