Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/28 17:00:27 UTC

Checklist of items that that need to be done for a Geronimo release?

Finally got a small break from pushing out component releases, so I'd
like to start tackling any work items that need to be performed before
we can release the server.  Is there a checklist somewhere of items that
need to be updated before the server can be released?  I suspect that
the server legal files are going to need a significant update, but I'm
not sure exactly what needs to be done.  Are there other similar items
that need to be tackled before we can think about creating a release
candidate?

Also, when should we be considering creating an M1 server branch?  What
items need to be completed before the branch it taken?

Rick

Re: Checklist of items that that need to be done for a Geronimo release?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Some more things....

1. figure out what to do with the modules we aren't building.  The release plugin won't version them which will cause havoc.  My preference would be to fix them enough so they build but don't include the artifacts in any assembly.
2. make sure that the all-subprojects profile really includes everything and that the stuff we don't want to deploy has the deploy plugin configured with skip true

I think that our jaspic provider doesn't work at all under osgi, so I'm going to try to rewrite it today.

I frequently see a lot of console output like this from amq, does anyone else?  I'd rather not ship a server prone to doing this:

2010-04-27 23:30:15,023 ERROR [Queue] Problem retrieving message for browse
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.activemq.kaha.RuntimeStoreException: The store is closed
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.reset(AbstractStoreCursor.java:107)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.StoreQueueCursor.reset(StoreQueueCursor.java:157)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.doBrowse(Queue.java:847)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessages(Queue.java:632)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.access$100(Queue.java:89)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue$2.run(Queue.java:122)
        at org.apache.activemq.thread.SchedulerTimerTask.run(SchedulerTimerTask.java:33)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.activemq.kaha.RuntimeStoreException: The store is closed
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch(AbstractStoreCursor.java:254)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.reset(AbstractStoreCursor.java:104)
        ... 8 more
Caused by: org.apache.activemq.kaha.RuntimeStoreException: The store is closed
        at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.BaseContainerImpl.checkClosed(BaseContainerImpl.java:213)
        at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.MapContainerImpl.load(MapContainerImpl.java:100)
        at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.container.MapContainerImpl.getFirst(MapContainerImpl.java:450)
        at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaReferenceStore.recoverNextMessages(KahaReferenceStore.java:114)
        at org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQMessageStore.recoverNextMessages(AMQMessageStore.java:533)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.QueueStorePrefetch.doFillBatch(QueueStorePrefetch.java:97)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.fillBatch(AbstractStoreCursor.java:251)
        ... 9 more
2010-04-27 23:30:15,753 ERROR [AbstractStoreCursor] Failed to fill batch
[...]
2010-04-27 23:30:15,754 ERROR [AbstractStoreCursor] Failed to fill batch
[...]

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.