Posted to dev@gobblin.apache.org by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> on 2018/06/20 10:51:19 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Gobblin 0.12.0 release RC3

Hi all,

I'd like to call a vote to release Apache Gobblin 0.12.0 (Incubating).

The feedback from previous release candidates has been addressed:
RC0 thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg62151.html
RC0 resolution: LICENSE and NOTICE files have been updated (tracked by
GOBBLIN-431 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOBBLIN-431>)
RC1 thread: https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@gobblin
.incubator.apache.org/msg01733.html
RC1 resolution: gradlew scripts have been included in the source
distribution, and the steps for building the distribution has been added to
README (including the way to obtain gradlew jar)
RC 2 thread:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201804.mbox/%3CCAD+38UAE+Cpv3syCYH1RHGLbdHNqZHPfVh3YS6g=Qxhhb8n3fg@mail.gmail.com%3E
RC 2 resolution: This release candidate (RC3) has been cut with Justin's
changes to NOTICE file to make it Apache compliant

The new source release candidate RC3 has been created. It can be downloaded
here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gobblin/apache-gobblin-incubating-0.12.0-rc3/

The artifacts (i.e. JARs) corresponding to this release candidate can be
found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegobblin-1003

This has been signed with PGP key 234E3FE3, corresponding to
abti@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file.  This
key can be found on keyservers, such as:

*http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x234E3FE3
<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x234E3FE3>*

It is also listed here:

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/abti.asc

The release candidate has been tagged with release-0.12.0-rc3.
I've also created a branch 0.12.0.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 0.12.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20GOBBLIN%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.12.
0
%20AND%20status%20in%20(Closed%2C%20Resolved)%20ORDER%20BY%20updatedDate%20DESC%2C%20createdDate%20DESC%2C%20status%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-gobblin/blob/0.12.0/CHANGELOG.md

Please review and vote.  The vote will be open for 72 hours (ends on
Saturday, 23 June 2018, 0:00 AM PST).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

My vote: +1

Thanks,
Abhishek

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gobblin 0.12.0 release RC3

Posted by Hung Tran <hu...@linkedin.com>.
+1

________________________________

Posted by Kuai Yu <ku...@linkedin.com>.
+1
________________________________

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone.

The vote has passed with five +1 binding votes and one +1 non-binding vote,
and no -1s or 0s.

Binding +1s: Issac Buenrostro, Hung Tran, Shirshanka Das, Joel Baranick,
Abhishek Tiwari
Non binding +1: Kuai Yu

I will now call for vote on Incubator general mailing list.

Regards,
Abhishek

PS: Hung's vote does'nt show in this trail, but he also voted:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gobblin-dev/201806.mbox/%3CMWHPR21MB070351E4EE23384AB9AC3B87A7770%40MWHPR21MB0703.namprd21.prod.outlook.com%3E

Posted by Joel Baranick <jb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Shirshanka Das <sh...@apache.org>.