Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/01/13 19:28:21 UTC

J2 Site updated

I've generated and uploaded a new site for the current jetspeed-2 cvs head (2.0-M2-dev).

Checkout the new: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/

Regards,

Ate Douma

Re: J2 Site updated

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> I've generated and uploaded a new site for the current jetspeed-2 cvs
>> head (2.0-M2-dev).
>>
>> Checkout the new: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ate Douma

> Looks great!
>
> What maven goal did you run?
maven multiproject:site
This goal needs a jvm of 900Mb (took me 5 runs to get it to complete)!
I first tried out the maven allSite but that didn't give a desirable result.
I wonder why we have this goal. The build in multiproject:site goal does what we want I think (although using a absurd amount of memory).
Currently, we have content duplicated in both /xdocs and /site/xdocs, and it depends on which goal is run which is used.
I would be in favor of dropping the allSite goal and the site subproject.

> Did you use maven to publish it?
No, used sftp to upload the zipped contents (18Mb!) and expanded on cvs.apache.org.
Note: I kept the old content (in /jetspeed-2-generated) for now, but I think we should clean up sometime.

Re: J2 Site updated

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> I've generated and uploaded a new site for the current jetspeed-2 cvs
> head (2.0-M2-dev).
>
> Checkout the new: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/
>
> Regards,
>
> Ate Douma