Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 23:38:54 UTC

Next-generation Cassandra Conference, June 13, Austin TX

I'm putting together a conference for Cassandra committers, driver
authors, and serious not-yet- committers.  Space is limited to 30, so
I'm really sincere about this not competing with the Cassandra Summit
[1] as a user-level event.

The format will be a single track of 40 minute talks, with 20 minutes
of open discussion after each.  Topics could include things like

- Implementing alternative compaction strategies
- Migrating memtables off-heap
- Adding user-defined types to Cassandra drivers
- RAMP transactions
- Server support for top-K queries
- etc.

DataStax will provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner from local
restaurants [2].  The schedule will also include two thirty minute breaks
during the day to provide opportunities for unstructured discussion.
We expect that one of the main benefits of attendance will be the
opportunity to visit and network with your peers this way.

Venue and combined CFP/registration info are at
http://learn.datastax.com/Next-GenerationCassandraConference.html.
It's a bit spartan but it should get the job done.

[1] http://www.cvent.com/events/cassandra-summit-2014/event-summary-176f061a4b144525ae05f18cd9a9cb12.aspx

[2] I think we're actually contractually obligated to buy some food
from the hotel.  I'll minimize this to the extent possible.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Next-generation Cassandra Conference, June 13, Austin TX

Posted by Umair Mufti <um...@dreamworks.com>.
Definitely interested in additional details as I'd like to attend.

Umair Mufti
Cassandra DBA
Platform Services Operations
DreamWorks Animation

(818) 695-3684 (o)
(415) 309-2521 (c)

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
I wish we could, but it's more than I can bite off logistically this
year.  If it's as productive as I think it will be, we'll up our game
and add recording for next year.

Posted by Clint Kelly <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan,