Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com> on 2002/03/02 06:12:10 UTC

Form based authentication - TC4.0.2 - Invalid Direct Reference to form login page Error

Hi I am using tomcat 4.0.2 with form based authentication.

I works great except in one scenario.
When someone directly goes to a login page, then logs in it give the
Invalid Direct Reference to form login page error

This problem occurs when people bookmark the login page (which happens to be
the first page).

The code does not store the request if it is from the login page (I think so
it can go back to the original page they went to).

What is the standard work around for this?

Thanks

--Peter