Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Behrang Saeedzadeh <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/10 15:15:23 UTC

A question about non-physical welcome files

Hi

As long as I can remember, once I read that in pre 2.4 Servlet
specifications
it was impossible to use a non-physical partial URI in the welcome file
list, and
then in 2.4 it was specified that one can add a non-physical partial URI
in the
welcome file list.

Right now I was reading through the Servlet sepcs 2.2 to 2.4 and I can't
see
anything related to this change. Version 2.2 is very ambigous and I can't
find any
difference between 2.3 and 2.4 in this regard.

Could someone explain if he or she knows about this?

Best Regards,
--
Behrang Saeedzadeh
http://www.jroller.com/page/behrangsa

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client