Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/22 05:46:08 UTC

Snapshot and build pages

Spent some effort to get better pages together for snapshot builds.  For current branches:

 - http://tomee.apache.org/download/tomee-1.6.0-snapshot.html
 - http://tomee.apache.org/download/tomee-1.5.3-snapshot.html

Each page has a nice big disclaimer and full release notes (provided we file JIRAs).

The goals:
 - make it easier for users to get snapshot builds
 - increase the visibility of changes
 - help us maintain good release notes everyday, rather than at the end
 - track via google analytics how often each snapshot page is visited

Since the release notes process of this release was a big painful, hopefully this will improve that by making them important to users everyday rather than just once every 3-4 months.

Anything you do only 3-4 months is going to be painful as you don't do it enough, so now we have "continuous changelogs" to keep that muscle in good shape :)

-David