Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dick and Lori Campbell <di...@att.net> on 2002/01/01 02:36:56 UTC

Using Apache with Visual Interdev 6.0

I can't get Visual Interdev 6.0 to connect to the Apache local server.  When setting up a new web project, Visual Interdev asks for a server name.  When I use the server name setup in the conf file, or equivalent IP address, or any reasonable alternatives therefor, I get the message "Unable to contact web server http://<name>.

Visual Interdev does state that the server must have Frontpage 98 server extensions installed.  It also says that for debug features to work the web server must be running IIS4.0.

So is this a config glitch, or is Apache incompatible with Vis Interdev 6.0?

Thanks

Dick Campbell

Re: Using Apache with Visual Interdev 6.0

Posted by Webmaster <we...@rolysvirtualpets.com>.
The only way to use Visual Interdev 6.0 is to d to Micro$oft IIS 4.0,
5.0 or 6.0