Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2011/11/12 04:02:42 UTC

group ordering

Hi OFBiz community,

I have a request to implement group ordering.

That means orders are only full filled when a certain quantity of a
product is ordered before a certain date. When not, the orders are
automatically canceled.

The current proposal is:

Add the following fields to product:
groupOrderRequiredQuanty : fixed-point  (zero or null: not active)
groupOrderEndDate : date-time

When this is set:
1. inventory is not checked
2. order item stays at the 'entered' status

Regular job in the background checks for these orderitems and will set
to approved when the orderitems in total reach the product required
quantity before the end date and the inventory is available.

any comments or suggestions?

Regards,
Hans

Re: group ordering

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Adrian,
thanks for your comment,

I agree with the separate entity, because there is a also requirement
that history is also to be kept.
Not sure about the productPiceType field? We could use a standard type
and use the from/thrue dates on the productprice to determine to which
price it belongs?

Regards,
Hans

Re: group ordering