Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk> on 2010/09/01 10:01:38 UTC

Apache Kato Incubator status report

Hello,
     I've written up a report for September with the Kato project's status
here:
     http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2010

It is essentially the same as last June - i.e. that the project is
effectively paused. I've added that Oracle has expressed interest in the
JSR, but I am unclear as to how that translates into participation in
the Kato podling itself.

By means of a personal status report, I probably would not be able to
participate to the same degree as before, but I believe I am still able
to contribute. Just now it is my intention to continue keeping the
project ticking over, at least to keep the project's infrastructure
there and ready for when the project either shuts down or restarts.

What is everyone else's status in regards to project Kato?

Anhow, please read the status report and post here with any inaccuracies
or omissions or opinions.

Thanks,
     Stuart

--
Stuart Monteith
http://blog.stoo.me.uk/

Re: Apache Kato Incubator status report

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
Hello Robert,
     Thanks for your words of encouragement. I believe there are some
things that would be useful. One thing that might be fun to tinker with
would be the hprof reader. Having that work with good performance would
be nice to have.

I believe I'll be able to make the Saturday barcamp in Hursley, although
it would just be the afternoon, due to prior commitments. Thanks to your
video

Hope you get well soon,
     Stuart

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.