Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Interesse Michelangelo <M....@netsiel.it> on 2000/02/02 12:38:44 UTC

Session already invalidated

Hi folks,

I've just joined the list, so I'm sorry if some of the issues have already
been answered.

1) While evaluating Tomcat, I've migrated my own servlets/JSPs from version
3.0 to 3.1M1, getting the following error when creating a new Session.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: setAttribute: Session already invalidated
	at
org.apache.tomcat.session.StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession.java:
709)
	at NMWeB.doGet(NMWeB.java:184)	<---- my servlet
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:240)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:224)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:347)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:144)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:305)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

What's  strange (not too much !) is that this happen only the first time I
call the servlet, but the subsequent calls work fine.
With previous version of Tomcat (3.0) I had no problem about that, but
because I'm now planning to integrate the Cocoon framework I need a newer
version.

The code I wrote in my servlet is:

		HttpSession sss=req.getSession(false);
		if(sss!=null)
			sss.invalidate();

		sss=req.getSession(true);
	184:	sss.setAttribute("utente","*");

Any fix or workaround about this issue ?

2) When the next version (or milestone) of Tomcat will be available?

Thanks

Michelangelo Interesse
      Process Support Systems
               Netsiel S.p.A.