Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by pe...@zv.fraunhofer.de on 2019/04/04 15:01:40 UTC

Resource type for an ACL? (API)

Hi, all,

while I can create a tag for a firewall rule, I can't find the resource name for network ACL item.

Is it anyhow possible to set a tag there?

P.S. This is my first time I post to this mailing list, so hello everybody - Apache CloudStack is really great and from the first impression the community seems to be very enjoyable!

kind regards
Peter

AW: Resource type for an ACL? (API)

Posted by pe...@zv.fraunhofer.de.
Hi, all,

here a follow-up on ACL tagging.

Following Andrea's suggestion:

>> I think you may be looking at "create tags resourcetype=networkacl .... "

we have now some tests but I must admit I am not sure about the following things:

- is it possible to tag both single ACL items like FirewallRules or just ACLLists?
- what is the exact spelling of their resource types?

I have tried the following as domain master user:

- tag ACL item using resource type spelling "NetworkACL"
- tag ACL item using resource type spelling "NetworkAcl"

Here the system says, "530 - Does not have permission to operate in this domain". Where could be this permission set given it is generally possible to tag resources you can create and delete yourself?

- then, tag an ACL list using resource type "NetworkACL". Here the system says, it can't match given ID and resource type.

- finally, tag an ACL list using resource type "NetworkACLList". In this case I get the error "The resource type NetworkACLList doesn't support resource tags".

Test code (includes also a unit test to tag a NAT network which passes):
https://github.com/pmury/acs-uat/blob/master/test/test_tags.py

kind regards
Peter

kind regards
Peter

Posted by Anurag A <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anurag A <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Just to clarify - you unable to create tags as root admin and domain admins
but not as user?

That seems expected and there are some open issues around that too -
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/2823

May be someone else has more inputs on this so you can wait for their
response.

Thanks!
Regards,
Anurag

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 3:20 PM <pe...@zv.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> Hi, Anurag,
>
> thank you for your quick response - as I've found out, I am actually NOT
> able to create a tag.
>
> Error message:
> "The user is not allowed to request the API command or the API command
> does not exist"
>
> But, I tried it as a root user of an account - is tagging then allowed for
> the global root admin only?
>
> Call:
> result = self.cs.create_tags(resourceids=self.firewallruleid,
> resourcetype='FirewallRule', tags = {'foo':'bar'})
>
> kind regards
> Peter

I think you may be looking at "create tags resourcetype=networkacl .... " call.

Kind Regards,
Anurag

Anurag.Awasthi@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com