Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2009/02/27 19:41:43 UTC

Axis2/C or Axis-C++

I am new to web services and am wondering which I am better off using:
Axis2/C or Axis-C++

My preference is to work in C++, I am more comfortable in the OO world, but
am willing to work with Axis2/C if that is the most current/stable of the
two.

Sam

Re: Axis2/C or Axis-C++

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 13:41 -0500, Sam Carleton wrote:
> I am new to web services and am wondering which I am better off using:
> Axis2/C or Axis-C++
>
> My preference is to work in C++, I am more comfortable in the OO
> world,

You can also try WSO2/WSF-CPP [1], It wraps AXis2/C and You can expose
Your C++ classes as web services, and also you can write C++ clients to
invoke web services. The other thing is it already supports WS-Security
and WS-Reliable messaging in the near future.

[1] http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/cpp

Thanks,
-Manjula.

Re: Axis2/C or Axis-C++

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> writes:
> My preference is to work in C++, I am more comfortable in the OO world, but am
> willing to work with Axis2/C if that is the most current/stable of the two.
Hope these performance comparisons will help you.

1. http://wso2.org/library/3532

2. http://wso2.org/library/3868

thanks,
Dinesh

Re: Axis2/C or Axis-C++

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com> writes:
> Axis2/C it is then, I already have an apache module written in a mix of C/C++,
> figure I will do the same with the web services.
>
> I have read the Wikipedia about the different WS-* that Axis2/C support, but
> where can I go to learn more practice usages of them?  I would first like to
> start with WS-Security.

Start from here

      http://ws.apache.org/rampart/c/

thanks,
Dinesh

Re: Axis2/C or Axis-C++

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi,
A new release of axis2/c is on the way. You are encourage to use the latest
code at svn.

-Rajika

--
http://wso2.org/
http://llvm.org/

Re: Axis2/C or Axis-C++

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Axis2/C or Axis-C++

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Axis2/C or Axis-C++

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> writes:

> I am new to web services and am wondering which I am better off using: Axis2/C
> or Axis-C++
>
> My preference is to work in C++, I am more comfortable in the OO world, but am
> willing to work with Axis2/C if that is the most current/stable of
> the two.

Regarding Axis2/C , I could say that is the one you could find most
number of WS-* specifications implemented. WS-Addressing,
WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Evening, WS-Security to name a few. In
addition to that you could have some more additional features, like
apache2 deployment module, large attachment capability, improved axiom
with XPath implementation and so on.

I could not comment on Axis-C++ since I do not have much experience
with it.

thanks,
Dinesh