Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by dibin <di...@wipro.com> on 2006/12/26 07:49:52 UTC

Exception handling in a product which uses servicemix

Hi All,

   We are making a product using servicemix. the product has two modules.
the first module calls the webservice methods which the second module
exposes.

 Now the problem is whenever an exception occurs in second module, it throws
a application specific exception. but the servicemix throws only
RemoteException back to module1.

  If anybody knows a standard solution to this please kindly share.

Thanks in advance
Dibin

Re: Exception handling in a product which uses servicemix

Posted by dibin <di...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

 I will explain the basic problem.In our application using servicemix, we
have two modules( module1 & module2).
  module1 - is the front end(jsp and servlets)
  module2 - is the back end(ejb and dao)

 if any exception occurs in module2(like SQLQueryException), i will create
application specific Exception(MyDatabaseException) and throw. i want to get
this application specific Exception in module1, so that i can handle it
appropriately and show appropriate message to the user.

 write now what is happening is when module2 throws MyDatabaseException,
what i get in module1 is AxisfaultException. What ever Exception occurs in
module2 i get AxisfaultException in module1. So i am not able to handle
Exception properly in module1.

 Is there is any standard solution for passing application specific
Exception across servicemix?

Thanks
Dibin

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Could you provide more details please ?
If you use soap for example, soap faults should be
sent back as a JBI fault.  AFAIK, servicemix never
throws a RemoteException itself, so it may be one
of the underlying protocol you use.

On 12/26/06, dibin <di...@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    We are making a product using servicemix. the product has two modules.
> the first module calls the webservice methods which the second module
> exposes.
>
>  Now the problem is whenever an exception occurs in second module, it throws
> a application specific exception. but the servicemix throws only
> RemoteException back to module1.
>
>   If anybody knows a standard solution to this please kindly share.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Dibin

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet