Posted to users@flex.apache.org by atauri <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/22 11:57:32 UTC

find rtmp stream

Hi, Supose you have a super video player and you want to catch the stream
from a website  (netflix, hulu...) so people can see movies in your player
avoiding the embeded player.
Is it possible from flex listen to the video url??

Thanks

--
 ¿ Te gustan las *Abejas* y la *Tecnología* ? Sígueme en
Twitter<http://twitter.com/apilink><http://twitter.com/apilink>

  (\__/)
  (='.'=)   This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
  (")_(")   signature to help him gain world domination.

Re: find rtmp stream

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Yes, that sounds like a perfectly legal thing to do ;-)

But all kidding aside, you can do that easily if you work for
(netflix, hulu...) and have access to their source code of their
respective players.

EdB

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM, atauri <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Supose you have a super video player and you want to catch the stream
> from a website  (netflix, hulu...) so people can see movies in your player
> avoiding the embeded player.
> Is it possible from flex listen to the video url??
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>  ¿ Te gustan las *Abejas* y la *Tecnología* ? Sígueme en
> Twitter<http://twitter.com/apilink><http://twitter.com/apilink>
>
>   (\__/)
>   (='.'=)   This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
>   (")_(")   signature to help him gain world domination.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: find rtmp stream

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 22/04/2013 10:57, atauri wrote:
> Hi, Supose you have a super video player and you want to catch the stream
> from a website  (netflix, hulu...) so people can see movies in your player
> avoiding the embeded player.
> Is it possible from flex listen to the video url??
I'm fairly sure Flash isn't going to let you open a promiscuous mode
Socket to sniff traffic. AIR might ? Check the live docs for the Socket
class - I've certainly built atop a DNS resolver library that uses it.

Tom

RE: find rtmp stream

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Not sure about listening, but you could start with...

http://developer.netflix.com/