Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Gavan Hood <gw...@simul-tech.com> on 2012/01/23 23:29:52 UTC

How is this use case supported

Hi all,

I have been wondering how Giraph can support a large graph that is constantly being updated by multiple jobs running simultaneously.
Output of  jobs are continually adding  extra and modifying edges / vertices  in the graph. Some notion of transactional concurrency would be needed as well in this environment.

>From what I can see it appears that Giraph may be well suited to working with snapshots of such as system rather than the root implementation, but I feel that I might be missing a core design pattern.

Regards
Gavan

Re: How is this use case supported

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
There was another question related to this in the recent past as well.

Avery

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-giraph-user/201201.mbox/%3CCAM7FQQutjTXVUiqALTTGpEad%3D7AE0MmQ2wmqzTEavHJUoohbMA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Posted by Gavan Hood <gw...@simul-tech.com>.

--