Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martin van Dijken <mv...@madocke.nl> on 2002/12/12 16:04:46 UTC

[DBCP] Building the DBCP jarfile

Hey guys,

I wanted to try and change some stuff in dbcp. (for now just for test purposes) In order to do that I checked out the entire commons module and built the collections, pool and lang packages. I then saved dbcp\build.properties.sample to dbcp\build.properties and changed the locations of the jarfiles to the proper locations. However I still get a few compiler errors. Ones which I can't see through easily.

[javac] F:\Downloads\Code\jakarta-commons\dbcp\dist\src\org\apache\commons\dbcp\jdbc2pool\Jdbc2PoolDataSource.java:85: cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol  : class FastHashMap
[javac] location: package collections
[javac] import org.apache.commons.collections.FastHashMap;
[javac]                                       ^

I checked the collections jarfile and the FastHashMap.class file is present there. Anybody got a clue what's going wrong?

Martin van Dijken

Re: [DBCP] Building the DBCP jarfile

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Martin van Dijken wrote:

> I checked the collections jarfile and the FastHashMap.class file is
> present there. Anybody got a clue what's going wrong?

No.  That's odd.  I'll guess that commons-collections isn't really in your
compile-time classpath.  That particular class is probably one of the few
collections classes needed at compile-time, most the dependency on
collections comes in at runtime via commons-pool.

Gump was able to build it all from scratch recently
<http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/>, which also suggets a local
environment issue.

You can use the -verbose option (or is it -debug?) to Ant to have it spell
out the javac classpath, which may help you to diagnose the problem.  It
looks like DBCP has a maven buildfile as well, if you want to go that
route.