Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rubén Toribio Aldeguer <rt...@riu.com> on 2015/05/21 10:42:40 UTC

[users@httpd]

Hi

we are working with a mod_maxminddb and apache 2.410.

mod_maxminddb is configured to set de env variable GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE

The problem is that if we do:

   RequestHeader set GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE %{GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE}e

We see correctly set the header. (is set to "ES", as we expected)

But,in this rewrite rules, GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE seems to don't be seted, and
applies the alternative value "en" on the RewirteRule:

   RewriteMap locale-to-pub txt:conf/rewrites/locale_to_pub_b2c_v61.txt
   RewriteRule ^\/((index|home)(\.php|\.jsp))?$
/${locale-to-pub:%{ENV:GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE}|en}/home.jsp
[R=301,NC,L,E=nocache:1]

This are ERROR TRACES from rewrite_mod, where we can see "key=" as void.

    applying pattern '^\\/((index|home)(\\.php|\\.jsp))?$' to uri '/'
    cache lookup FAILED, forcing new map lookup
    map lookup FAILED: map=locale-to-pub[txt] key=
    rewrite '/' -> '/en/home.jsp'

After some research, and tests, we know that if we force the variable whit

  SetEnIf GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE=ES

it works. It is because SetEnIf sets the variable at the begining of the
request, before mod_rewrite take acction. In this way, seems like
mod_maxmiddb is taking acction after mod_rewrite.

How can we confirm it? How can we workaround it?

--

*Rubén Toribio Aldeguer*
Técnico Sistemas DataCenter

--
                        [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/Riuhoteles> [image: Twitter]

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, are confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of
this status. Please do not copy or use it for any other purpose or disclose
its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.
You may contact us at +34 971 74 30 30 or at sender's e-mail address.
 [image: Facebook] *Please, consider the environment before printing this
email.* <http://www.riu.com/es/sostenibilidad/inicio.jsp>

Re: [users@httpd]Does mod_maxmiddb take action after mod_rewrite?

Posted by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com>.
Hello Rubén,

I added a subject line to your email to make it easier to track.
For questions related to mod_maxminddb, you are more likely to find help
on the MaxMind support page:
- https://www.maxmind.com/en/online-support-resources
- https://github.com/maxmind/mod_maxminddb

Thanks,